Friday, January 23, 2015

Carbs + Cheese

 
I like carbs. No, scratch that. I love carbs. Tonight's meal had a little carb on carb action. I made four smallish loaves of "no-knead crusty white bread" and crispy risotto cakes out of Wednesday's leftover risotto.
 
 
This was my first time making this particular recipe and I was pleased with the results. It is possible to let the dough sit in the refrigerator for several days to further develop flavor, but I had to make it in a shorter time frame today. There were about four hours of total rise time. If you're interested in trying it out yourself, you can follow this link to the recipe.
 



To create the risotto cakes I took the leftover risotto and shaped them into medium size cakes. I then added about a tablespoon of mozzarella in the middle of a cake and hid the cheese inside. Dipped the cake in an egg wash and bread crumbs and fried until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment