Friday, January 30, 2015

National Croissant Day

January 30, 2015 is National Croissant Day! What better time to finally try making croissants? This was the third day of preparation. I started by rolling out the dough to be approximately 8x44 inches.

 
Divided into triangles.
 
 
Once rolled into the correct shape, I allowed the croissants to proof for two hours. Some of the croissants I left plain and a few were filled with chocolate. The chocolate ones aren't bent into the crescent shape.
 

The croissants are egg washed twice. One before proofing and once just before baking.
 

 
They browned up a little faster than they should have so I decreased the oven temperature by about 15 degrees. Our oven is kind of small and sometimes it heats weirdly.
 

 



 
 
The texture was amazing. So light, flakey and tender. Picking one up was like handling buttered air. I couldn't be more pleased with how my first croissant attempt turned out and will definitely be making these again. The recipe I followed can be found here.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment