Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Irish Heritage

Jason has Irish ancestry. Sometimes, when I ask really nicely, he'll talk with an "Irish" accent (bogus) - which I very much enjoy hearing. Tonight, he made colcannon soup. I don't have the pronunciation done, so it's good that this is typed. The soup is a combination of cabbage, potatoes, onion and leeks with bacon and chives as a garnish. He substituted in green onions for the chives since they were on hand. I made a grilled cheese sandwich with a little Tillamook cheddar as a companion piece and had a bottle of Bedford's Ginger Beer to drink. Bedford's is a soda company out of Port Angeles, Washington where I lived last year. P.S. I didn't take the time to bake bread for the sandwich and yes I do feel a little guilty using store bought. In my defense, it needed to be used up.



No comments:

Post a Comment