Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Simple Food

I am tired. Today, I ran six miles, shoveled horse manure, blocked a hole in the pond bank, scrubbed the bathtub and hacked out a new walking trail on the property. Simple and easy was the goal for cooking tonight. I lightly fried a bunch of chicken thighs and made mashed potatoes. There was also a little cornbread leftover from yesterday. The chicken cooked 10 mins in a cast iron skillet on the stovetop and then in the oven at 350 degrees for another 40 mins. For some reason I first turn the oven on to 425 which happens to be the temperature a Papa Murphy's pizza bakes at. Coincidence? I think not.

After eating I started the dough to make croissants. The first step is just a mixing of ingredients. The entire process stretches over three days. I have been curious about making croissants in the past. When I saw a sign at the local Starbucks advertising January 30th as National Croissant Day it seemed like the perfect time to try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment