Thursday, January 29, 2015

Mulligatawny Soup

Mulligatawny is an Indian soup. Jason made ours with carrot, onion, celery, various spices and coconut. The soup was served with a dollop of yogurt and cilantro. The spice palate reminded me of other Indian dishes we've had recently. I only wish that I'd had a chance to make some fresh naan to go with it. The more Indian cuisine I have, the more I like it. It's just so flavorful, and quite frankly so different from a lot of other tastes, that the change is very refreshing.






The reason I didn't make naan is because I am on day two of my croissant project. Tonight I pounded out a square of butter and folded it into the dough. Once the butter was incased, I rolled out and folded the dough in thirds three times. Tomorrow will be the moment of truth. Hopefully, they'll turn out great.

 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment