Thursday, February 5, 2015

Chow Mein


I don't eat out at a lot of Chinese food places. They tend to be buffet oriented and generally look the same. They food also tends to be really high in sodium which is something I've paid attention to since my Mamaw was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and placed on a low sodium diet several years ago. Genetics can be a powerful thing.

I have eaten at maybe two or three Chinese restaurants with Jason but, he wasn't pleased with the quality of any of them. He lived in Taiwan for a while and has very particular standards. Plus, he loathes buffets.

He has however made some very nice homemade Chinese food including chow mein. The vegetables are fresher, the taste is lighter and I don't feel like my arteries are dying after the experience. This dish contained: celery, carrots, bell pepper, onion, fresh mung bean sprouts, noodles and chicken. I've been making an effort to eat this style of food with chopsticks and my skills are thankfully improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment