Thursday, February 12, 2015

Shortbread Hearts and Blackened Catfish

Getting in the mood for Valentine's Day, I made shortbread heart cookies this morning. Shortbread is basically flour and butter with a little sugar and salt thrown in. Since there is such a high percentage of butter I thought it would be a good idea to keep the cookies on the smaller side. I left some cookies plain. Others I drizzled or dipped in chocolate.


I've been channeling my inner Louisianan in the spirit of Mardi Gras these last few days. Which means that tonight I prepared blackened catfish with rice and steamed broccoli on the side. This is a recipe that my brother made when I was growing up. At the time I thought it was incredibly spicy and needed several glasses of water to eat it.





No comments:

Post a Comment