Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day

Jason and I had a lovely day yesterday. Starting in the morning, I made sour cream doughnuts. I've been thinking of making these for a couple of weeks and Valentine's Day seemed like a perfect time to take the plunge. I left off the glaze with the idea of saving a few sugar calories. Although obviously, if I was too concerned about that I wouldn't have been making doughnuts. The recipe worked great, and I was very pleased with how they tasted.

 
Lunch Was a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's. It may make me a sap, but I've wanted to get one of these since I saw the ad the first time a few years back. The pizza was decently heart shaped although not quite as much as the ad. Overall, I think the pumpkin one they make for Halloween is cuter.
 
 
We also had a Fentimans Mandarin and Seville Orange Jigger. I would hesitate to call it a soda. I think of soda as being more bubbly. What it was is a flavorful orange beverage with a little ginger added in for kick. The only other Fentimans product I've had is the Victorian Lemonade. It was the best lemonade beverage I've ever had from a store.
 
 
In the evening we had dinner, dancing and a movie. I made dinner - a Pork Wellington. Jason made dessert - pots de crème au chocolat. Italian opera music played softly in the background while we dined. There was some Elvis too. It truly was a wonderful Valentine's Day.
 
 


 



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment