Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day of Delights

This morning I ran seven miles. That is the furthest I have ever run, so I felt quite the sense of accomplishment afterwards. I also felt kind of zapped for a while. In the afternoon there was a hot chocolate pick-me-up but, the real treat of the day came later.


 
For dinner, Jason prepared Circassian Chicken. According to "The Best International Recipe" book it is a dish served on special occasions in Turkey and often with pita bread. I wished for bread but I hadn't made any, so... did I mention I was tired? We did have nice large pieces of steamed broccoli which I dredged through the walnut sauce on the chicken. 
 
 
Dessert was rum cake! The cake has rum in the batter and then a rum glaze was applied to the outside after baking. It was moist, flavorful but not too strong.
 
Before applying the glaze.


Jason applying glaze.

 
We may or may not have eaten half the cake before the end of the night. It was good and I was happy.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment